Monday, July 16, 2007

One Year

Now that my son is going to turn two years old soon, I've quite upset to note that, by making a quick glance-back in my one year (since July 2006), I'm not proud of what I've achieved. While I'm happy to have a business started-up and quite a generous increment (but not bonus), I find that since I lost the building which I was taking care of, I'm looking for the end of the month for my salary to further improve on my financial health.

Now, while it may seem to be good that I'm lowering debt and increasing investment, the most unhealthy thing is that I totally let go of the 'days' that I'm going through. It may seem nice to think about "12-months pay totals to bla bla, that's good, and furthermore there's increment and bonus", but thinking one year ahead in financial terms, we totally forgot that it also adds a year to our age.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that my days are spent uselessly. Not at all, my weekends are great, and my home time is very very good. But my career hours is totally useless coz' I'm below the "average mood" level at all times since 1st June this year. If this crappy mindset of "looking ahead to better times by earning what I'm earning but being unhappy at work" sets in properly, I'll look behind one day and realise I've lose 5 years of life being rather unhappy 8 hours a work-day. That's BAD!

So, I'm totally ready to release that 8 unhappy hours per day for lesser earning power, but at least my health will be good. At least then looking back 5 years from now, I can see that my 5 years during that 8 hours are healthy. Though I'll live up to my destined 150 years old :D, 5 years is still a lot. That's 3.33 percent of my life being unhealthy during daytimes. So, well, it's time to reset.

Timing has to be perfect though, because once the clock starts, by doing my "Give N Go" letter, I have 3 months of "no leave allowed". Hari Raya is on the 13th-14th Oct, which means it's not easy to take leave during that time while being in the notice period. And also, should a nice building suddenly turns up for me to take care, it's too late.

Anyway, intuition always lead you to the correct direction. Will update again on "Give N Go".

No comments: