Thursday, October 27, 2005

How Different People Intepret What's Right And Wrong

SHE is a very famous blogger in Singapore. In the world, she's the top 46th most linked blogger, which can equate her to a celebrity in the blogging world. She is an ambassador for three products brands (now two left, coz' one cancelled her contract). Why is she so famous? My guess is her looks which she enhanced a lot using photoshop, but then again, maybe it's coz' of her spoiltness or maybe coz' of cheekiness. I don't care anyway, I read her blog as a whiny spoilt girl's craziness of the events in her life.

Previously she came to Malaysia, and blogged about how bad Malaysians were to her. Later, she blogged about a couple who took 'her' taxi coz' she was already waiting there. She has as many people who love her and as many people who hate her too. I don't stand anywhere, I'm just a blog reader. I will not introduce who this person is, but time and again she gets attacked by other bloggers for her insensitive postings.

I am attaching a post from her about disabled toilet, which actually led to two Malaysian bloggers (one who's a disabled) to get so angry at her that it became a soap-opera in the blogging world. Suffice to say that this soap-opera got one of the three companies to which she's an ambassador to dis-associate themselves with her. I won't say anymore, just read part of her posting below.

My brother went to the toilet, and he said that he was behind walking behind this man who also wanted to use the loo.

The man stopped at the handicapped toilet instead of the normal male toilet, because well...
1) it is nearer afterall
2) maybe he shares my love for handicapped toilets because they are so freaking spacious and usually has your own mirror and wash basin! Coolness!

He was really damn fucking suay coz he pulled open the toilet door, and, believe it or not, there was really a handicapped person inside.A male handicapped person, who was using the toilet.

I don't know what the fuck is this person's problem, but he shouted at the innocent man who opened his door: "You come inside here for what, you are not even handicapped!" and etc scoldings.

Woah, woah! HOLD ON DUDE. You mean only handicapped people can use handicapped toilets?

Didi was smiling away and telling his story as if it is very funny (which it is lar, if your point is to laugh at that suay man), but I was really quite pissed off because this is the second time I heard a story about handicapped people scolding others for using their toilets.

Another one was my friend who was using a cineleisure handicapped toilet... When he walked out, he was severely lectured by a man who was wheel-chair bound, the latter chiding him for making him (latter) wait.

I don't know if it is the same grumpy, crazy person who did these two scoldings, but if it is not, then it seems a little too much of a coincidence.When I expressed that this siao-eh (as an individual) was ridiculously unreasonable, my brother said, "No, the man shouldn't have used the handicapped toilet what, it says on the door that it is for the handicapped."

How come people have this notion that only the disabled can use facilities for the disabled?

*Roll eyes*

So tell me ... our government spent millions of taxpayers' money to build so many facilities for the physically disabled, and only they are allowed to use it?Oh, excuse me for going down the slope instead of the stairs, will you? I shouldn't have. MRT lifts - don't use it, cannot use it. Use the escalator instead.

WTF is this?

Sure, if I SEE that you are physically disabled, and you need to use the handicapped toilet, then yes, obviously I will let you use it and go use a normal toilet.But the man my brother saw didn't even know there was a person inside! And if you didn't lock your own bloody door, it's your problem and stop scolding others for your freaking mistake!

As far as I am concerned, you have a physical disability - and that is where you have a disadvantage. Your bladder is working fine isn't it? So you wait, just like normal people do, when there is a queue for the toilet. The rest of us queue up to use a toilet - I don't see why the disabled should be any different.

Pissed with unreasonable people. What pisses me off more is when the society at large condones bad behavior when it comes from supposedly piteous people. So what, handicapped have the rights to be unreasonable meh?

If I ever break my leg (choy!) I think I shall use my crutch to anyhow whack anyone who comes near my MRT lift. When some person says I am being violent, I cry and say he is bullying a cripple, then everyone will automatically be on my side.

No comments: