Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Earliest To Work Ever

Disregarding special events and work trips that I had to make in the past, this is the earliest I've ever been to work on a normal office scheduled day. My previous jobs all required me to reach the office by 10:30am, 8:30am, 9:00am, 8:30am and 9:00am respectively. So today I clocked in at 6:57am, which is usually the time I am just waking up. Due to some circumstances at home, I have to be at work this early. My usual time to reach work will be anywhere between 45 minutes before to being late up to 15 minutes. Haha...

I work on the 5th floor of the building along with two other staff. Level 4 is the main office with about six staff. I've heard from a Level 4 staff that when he used to stay back past 8pm, there was always 'somebody' walking about the office, opening doors and closing doors but no one to be seen. Office haunting is rather common in Malaysia, with another story at a friend's place whereby at a certain time, water will drip out of the water cooler. That company's workforce also leaves before the water start dripping out.

Back to the story. Nature calls, not the waterfall type, but the volcano type. So, took the toilet key and headed to the male toilet. Of course I was already aware about stories of toilet haunts, but by 7am, come on, I don't think I'll face anything. And to cut the story short, I really didn't face anything except hearing water taps turning on on the floor above me... err... should be below me actually since above me is an empty floor. Hehe... now that's scary to think about it again, since the sound came from the top. Aih.. nevermind.

So, what can I do two hours before work officially start? Well, work! Completed some work and stuff, and also blog this thing. Only complain I have is that all office buildings in Malaysia have their own preset aircond hours, and until 8:30am when the cool air will start blowing in, I'd have to be contented fanning myself with a flyer. They should really put a standing fan in here. Sweating. :(

It's gonna be a hectic morning today, cannot afford to smell sweaty meeting belardy important potential clients. In Back To The Future 2, Michael J. Fox.... oops, Marty McFly went to the future and had this suit which can dry him when wet. I'm sure that suit can fan him when he's sweating too. Now, what year was that?? Can't wait for that suit to be in the market. :D

No comments: