Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year 2006

When I first entered college in 1996, I stopped making a new year resolution. Reason? Coz' I don't want to conform so I think it's 'cool' to not have a resolution since it's just another date, another number, etc. And then all those wise people saying "You don't have to wait for a new year to change, tomorrow is the beginning of a new day!" quotes. Since I'm married with a kid, I think it's not really a resolution to start character or life anew that's important, but it's more like a 'budgeting' of a new year for me and my family that's important. Thus, the following will be my new year goals (not resolution), more for me to achieve than to actually tell you readers.

New Year Goals (On Self and Family)
1. To get more humanity away from my zombie side. Before the end of the year, I aim to have at least 10% of my income NOT from my full-time job.

2. Achieve the four times blood donation scheduled for Mar, Jun, Sep and Dec. And NOT in Pusat Darah Negara.

3. To further continue spending as less 'extra' time at work as scheduled in my letter of offer.

4. To upgrade my PC somewhere in the first quarter of 2006. Hehe.... tsk tsk tsk.

5. To reduce fear of being professionally social and really BE professionally social, to clients, tenants, whoever I meet, by mid-2006.

6. To get rid of my my morbid self, or reduce it to a minimal. Oh no you will not, Mr Javalier! - Morbid Self

7. -to further add within the next week when I can think of more things-


New Year Goals (On Blog)
Because I can see a better focus for my blog, the theme of my blog for 2006 will be geared towards businesses.
1. Finish my five-part story on Ah Kim. Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.

2. Growing up, there were a few businesses/product that caught my attention. Might as well learn more about them. Therefore, will do a study and research on the following businesses.
a) Projet - How Projet fight for market share against 6-7 established petrol station in Malaysia.
b) Tic Tac vs Kit Kat - Both are long-standing brands, and Tic Tac's small snack product for niche market of little children is a co-sponsor for an F1 team.
c) Airasia - How they generate profit with low cost and profit millions, and how they decide on strategies of expansion leaving their 'competitor' far behind.
d) Bread Market - 2004-05 was a boom for new bread business such as the likes of Bread Story, Bread Talk, Papa Roti, and tons more! How is La Boheme, King's Confectionary and other long-standing bread shop handles the competition?
e) Fads - Tamagochi lived and died. Pokemon lived and is dying. Mashimaro lived and would be dying soon. So, what makes Hello Kitty and Garfield survive through the years?
f) Market share battle - After 10 years of gourmet coffee shops (Starbucks, Coffee Bean, Gloria Jeans) in Malaysia, how does fast food (KFC, McD, A&W) industry fight for market shares.
g) Can I create a business for a niche market, or fight against competition for mass market? (probably private postings)

3. Detail with 'kept information' on my journey towards humanity.

4. To update my blog at least 3 times a week.


The above goals shall be reviewed on 1st July 2006.

No comments: