Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Who's That Still There??

Taking a short break from career related posts, this is a combination between career related post and the paranormal.

My good friend's wife used to tell him that everyone in her office would leave the office by 7pm, because once the time reaches 7pm, the water from the water dispenser would start dripping slowly. It happens everyday, and scientifically, maybe we can analyse on the cooling effect the environment has as night comes, that causes some kind of reaction bla bla... dunno lah.

Also, our dear Kookycookie once had an interesting encounter whereby she came to the office with a colleague doing her work at her desk and leaving, only to found out later that the colleague was on MC and has never stepped foot in the office that day and no one else saw her. Interesting tale, or just the mind playing tricks.

Personally, like I've mentioned before some months ago, I don't discount the fact that 'things' live in a place where there's scarcity of people. My M&E Manager, two months ago told me that he used to stay back late at night, but have decided to go home early after two encounters. Nothing to see, but just that while he's alone in his office, the door to the reception opens and closes as if someone comes in, but when he calls out, no one answers. This is about 7:30pm to 8:00pm at night. You see, our office is really huge to place only 6 staff (and now it's only 4 staff!). The other time he keeps seeing someone walking past his doorway but he knows there's no one around. I dismiss this as a tired mind.

Last month, I was given the 'chance' to be alone in the office. Haha... too much work to finish up, while others have gone back. The thought of that 'thingy' moving about the office was not on my mind, but by 7:40pm or so, the door to the reception area did open and close. Then the memory came back. What's worse is that my own office is facing the reception table, with my view blocked by the partitions, and the door is just one meter away. Anyway, after three opens and closes of the door, I packed my stuff and left. Don't wanna stay until whatever it is shows itself up.

As you would have known that I'm taking care of a building, we do have floors which have been empty for the past 2 years. There's one floor in particular, whenever I require for the security to open up the floor for potential clients to view, they will go in pairs. Once I asked my receptionist to open the units there, and another colleague heard, he said "You going to open Floor 16?! Come, I follow you." MANY stories about that floor. Security guards on night shifts will always accidentally kicked something when the floor is totally flat and empty. I've been there myself alone, but have yet to experience anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, these beings, that comes around after office hours, are actually what I would term as "Ghost of Family Love". They encourage you to go home to your family, because family is what's more important, and not career. The image below should also encourage you to go home when everyone else has left as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheh!!!

Anonymous said...

memang cheh!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah....this is my kind of post! great entry brader! hahahaha.....