Thursday, April 20, 2006

Oh, that's the ghost!

I think some of you would have seen the video on two guards in Singapore who saw a pontianak (female vampire) during their night shift. It's been circulating the internet for quite some time, and many have dismissed it as fake, myself included. Just in case you've not seen it, click the link below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4LnuLBr43K4

At first, I thought the 'ghost' is that white 2-dimensional thingy that appeared halfway through the video beside the gate. And so did everyone else on the internet!! Sure, you can wonder how come that white 2-dimensional board suddenly appeared when the first half of the video it couldn't be seen. I would like to say that the camera angle at the first half of the video didn't reflect the board into the camera, or a light wasn't on to have it reflected.

Anyway, my colleague noticed that I have the video and when I mentioned the fake, he said I've been looking at the wrong thing. Yes indeed. That board is not the ghost. The ghost appeared at the last 10 seconds of the video when the guards started to back off from the gate. Take notice that in the last 10 seconds, a white light started to 'dance' from the bottom left corner of the video, near the security bar, and moved towards the gate and near the end of the video, the light can be seen somewhere near the top of the gate.

Imagine this. Videos cannot capture ghost. If we see white light on the video, imagine what the guards REALLY saw with their own eyes which COULD see the ghost. Creepy! When I watched the video again and see that dancing light, my hairs stood on end. Yup, this is genuine, not a fake video. Sigh... I knew from the scream of the guard it really sounded a 'sincere fear-y scream'... but I was wondering why they feared a 2-D board. Now I know. Eeee.....

No comments: