Monday, March 06, 2006

Get Enough Rest

It is really important for any adult to have enough rest through sleep and vacations and cuci mata look at girls/guys, but the sleeping part is the most important. Without enough sleep, not only will your brain be slowed down, but you might just experience out of body experience, plain blabbering of nonsense to people's question or pure hallucication.

I have had one month of a very tiring job, and at the end of the month when the new manager came in to relieve me off some work, I had another 3 days of lack of sleep, and thus, experienced the following incident on Sunday while my wife was not home for the entire morning till afternoon.

Daily routine for my baby (literally, not "yo, baby... how ya doin'?" type) is to wake up about 5am or so, play around till about 7am or 8am, and then start his bath at 8:30am, have his breakfast, have some activity and by 9:30am or so, he'll go to bed, and I'll have my own rest time to do what I need to do, like taking a bath, having my breakfast and then some activity... hey, me and me baby have the same routine! Except the sleep part lah.

This time, by 10:15 he was awake, just 45 minutes of sleep. Hmm... usually it lasts anywhere between an hour to three hours. Since he was awake, I took him out the living room and placed him in his exersaucer (some contraption to make baby 'stand' and play, but not move about the whole house or kingdom). Now, it's common for any houses to hear slamming of doors, which ends up being the neighbours. Or hearing of voices, which ends up being people talking at the back lane, and the voices come through the kitchen window. In my apartment, though located some levels off the ground, we can hear people talking at the construction site nearby.

Back to story, after about an hour of playing activities ie. reading papers, watch tv, playing with baby and the likes, I heard a baby crying, and coming from the other part of my house. Now, if it was voices then it's common, but now it was a baby's cry. My only guess was that the baby is at the swimming pool downstairs with his/her caretakers or parents. Anyway, my baby looked at me coz' he heard the crying too. So, I picked him up, held him close, walked towards the master bedroom to look out the window, but as I got nearer, the baby's crying sounded sooo close.

Anyway, I opened the bedroom door, heard the baby's crying in the room itself! Looking at the bed, the thick blanket moved a little and the crying originated from there. Feeling very awkward but not fully scared, I moved closer and peeped past the pile high blanket, and saw my baby. Shocked! What the?!? Then I looked my own arm and I was actually craddling his pillow. Now... am I crazy?! I did have some interaction with my baby in the living room just now, so was all that totally hallucination?! Is it possible for lack of sleep to create such a ridiculous hallucination? To cut the story short, I picked him and and brought him out, but I cannot get over what just happened to me.

Later, I was wondering whether I should tell my wife about the incident. Thinking about it, I think I should not let her know. I mean, why should I? Since this is just a tale I coughed up. Sigh of relief.... phewww.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh... tak de kerja ke menakut kan orang with your active imagination:) Bila nak datang holiday kat that northern island?

Winhelm said...

Didn't know queenbee still reads my blog. Well, holiday,.... really difficult to decide. Before June I hope.

Anonymous said...

Still read, cuma sometimes tak sempat nak post comments. Ada picture of the exersaucer for me to see tak? Come, you need the holiday:)